Tuesday, March 2

There is no pleasing me, is there? I ask for a touch of violence and sadness in the content, yet when you give it to me I find that it is too much. So much so that it is pitiful.

HunterXHunter 19 is one. HunterXHunter have always injected life morals and questions into the plot. When one is killed off, there is always this deep sense of pity and waste. He/She was a fine person, it's too bad that he/she have to end up like this.

However, 19 is the most disturbing so far. "The strong feeds on the weak" There are these strange creatures that are so much stronger than the people in these few chapters. They absolutely do not spare a thought for the mankind. Humans were food to them, so that they would produce stronger children. Humans are for entertainment, put in chains stripped naked and made to behave like dogs. All these are okay to them simply because they are stronger.

It made me ponder is it really good that we made pets out of cats and dogs? Other animals? It is freaky when humans are treated this way. Yet, we do that to other fellow creatures. Planet of the Apes, I watched a short bit when channel 5 aired it. It was disturbing then too. Humans have no rights, the apes were the lords. Do these creature, our pets, feel freaked too? When are they jumping to our beats make to perform for us, are they freaked?

Many developed characters got killed off. I think it is truly truly sad. I was made to feel for them, they have personality and quirks. They are not just this random figure in there. They possessed names. Now, they are killed off, and I am freaked. I do not want a story that is all sweet, life's just a bed of roses. Yet when characters are struck out, I get freaked.

Really, there is just no pleasing me.