Monday, June 15

guess it's time

guess it's time for me to throw in the towel. really have no patience left. if a customer calls in at this hour, it would means that he is sincerely trying to understand the situation. wtf...it means you are bored out of your mind, and hoping for some free entertainment over a toll-free hot line.

one escalation, other on the way...this is the worst midnight shift I ever had, feeling angry all the time. the customer could be pleasant, asking a simple enquiry, and i will still not be happy. the mood is just ... and hdpm wants to send a PFR list at this hour? 2.30AM Like hello, wtf am I supposed to do with it, enter into crms? I thought that was assigned by officers, if I enter when I am not supposed to, does it mean that I am eyeing the referrals.

angry angry angry. it's really the end of the road.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home