Friday, May 7

Mrs Lee has passed away. At around 2 in the afternoon. Words cannot express what I feel, but I'll try.

There is a deep sense of regret. Shock. I've always have this image in my mind that if and when our batch return to SMSS ten years down the road, she would be there. Expressing her joy and pride over the accomplishment the few may have and her concern for those who are not doing that well, experiencing one of the pitfalls of life.She is that integrated into my memories of my secondary school life.

She is that big a part of everyone's memories. Many SMSS girls posted about her. Being kind, stern, above all. The faith in us. Everyone has this particular fond memory of their own. Mine is of the orientation speech she gave in secondary 1. Not exact wordings but she believed that SM has a brighter future ahead. And that it would start with our batch. Another of our Sport Meet, we were taking a class picture. She came to us, amused. Should we be seated at the benches, cheering with our house? Yet she indulged in our request for one with her. Ended up taking two.

To a great woman.