Sunday, March 28

We did the annual Qing Ming routine today. It was a heck of a long day. We were up in the bus by 9am, only reaching my grandfather's gravesite at 11 plus! The traffic was so heavy. Then, we proceeded to the Columbarium. Though it was nearby, it was a fairly long trip too.

By then, the sun was scorching hot. We were all sticky. Just eww. There, at least, were shelter. We saw a pretty big group there having lunch. They even have these containers of drinks. They were just sitting around or chatting nearby. My mother expressed her envy. Looking at them, and then at our family. Bringing up of lawyers and all, quite disheartening isn't it?

Then, we went home, took our lunch. Rested for a few minutes before going back to the cemetery to clean up my mother's dad's grave. It is weird that I addressed my grandfather like that, but well I have never seen him before. He passed away even before I was born.

Here, I really experience the difference between the two sides of my extended family. One was often distance, insincere. Lots of hidden words. Yet with another, everyone was making fun of each other. The cleaning affair was a very lighthearted. Teasing all around. Oh well, I don't think I want to be close to the other side anyway.

We left at about 4pm. The traffic was still heavy. There are even traffic policemen situated just an junction away from each other. It was that bad. Just hope that next year would not be as bad as today...