Monday, November 10

Yesterday around this timing, I was at Angela's house having "girls' talk". Angela and YX were the ones talking, I mainly listened. While JY resisted falling asleep. I think she succeeded for ... half an hour.

All these happened because it was Angela's house-warming party. She invited all 5 of the usual gang and PeiTing. The rest had one thing or another going on, so only YX, JY and me showed up. The plan was to eat, play then sleep. However, we added two games of bowling in. The 4 girls presented played as 3 against the other 3 guys. Not too bad, I must say. In both games, we were never the last. Second last but hey! not last.

I would like to think I didn't drag the scores of the girls down. My play was fluctuating like hell. I could clear quite a few in a few plays yet none in others. YX did the best among the girls. She cleared all 10 pins in 4 plays. They said that was a strike but I was under the impression that a strike is only when you clear all in one go. Oh well. Angela was second. I think she cleared a few times too. 2 or 3, not too sure. Me- once. Pretty surprised myself. Too bad JY didn't cleared any. Oh well, but if we were talking about the score, I would be the worst. All in all, it was very fun.

Then, we returned to play Monopoly. YX was the richest yet she lost. As we set a rule towards the end that whoever step into her, I think it was Park Mall or something, would loss thus ending the game. She built a hotel there but Angela don't have any hotel bits so that space was overpopulated with 5 houses. Slums, did you say? Haha. I was trying to get Shihan to sell me his train station throughout the game. He refused, and we ended up owning 2 stations each. Was also trying to get Angela to sell me one Vine street too but... oh well.

I was very annoying throughout the game. When people was in jail and anyone landed in their land, I would go "Hey, she's in your land! Collect your rent!! Opps! I forget, you are in jail." or " Hey! I'm in your land. Here's your $25. Ohhh...you are in jail right? Then I don't need to pay." I would try to not pay my rent by keeping quiet when I know it's someone's land. Sneaky can you say? Get away with the a couple of times. The players were half asleep. Losing interest here and there. I reminded when I know it's other player in their land when that happens. Helpful, bless my heart. After all, rules of the game is to make people go bankrupt, is it not?

Had forgotten how much I enjoyed this game. Feel like buying this game and play it at home now. However I don't think anyone else would be that interested. Oh well.