Sunday, December 31

My last post for the year 2006

Because Angela suggested it and I have not make a entry in a long while…

Well, update on my life…My life in 2006

January – March
My last months in school. Hectic, hectic, hectic…Not much to say as I was never an active member of the campus life. Just remembered going through hell for my HPM project.

April – May
Got a job at the far far east side of the little island. Decided it was too much trouble traveling the distance for a admin job that I do not like and see no challenge in. Quit.

June – September
Tried to learn driving and wrote my application for a scholarship to Japan. I failed my basic driving theory test for three times. Passed on the fourth try. Submitted my application. Went for the written papers, got through to the second stage – the interview. Starting dreaming about life in Japan. An exciting part of my otherwise-so-far-so-boring life as a international student in Japan learning about photography/fashion/hotel management.

October – December
After much nagging and scolding from my parents, finally secured a temporary job as a receptionist. Quite a good job for a temporary assignment. I get to read books, all I need to do is answer phone calls and serve some tea. Need to work on my balancing numerous teacups on tray act.

31 December 2006
My hopes as a international student in Japan came crashing down on me on 22nd December. Nope, I did not get the scholarship. Well, even when I told myself not to hope too much, there is still a huge sense of disappointment. Not just the studying in Japan bit, but the hope lost of sponsored study what I was truly interested in. For me to study those in Singapore is too much of a financial burden.

My life in 2007…hopefully
After ending my receptionist assignment on 5th January, I would be able to secure a permanent job soon, maybe in one or two months. Hopefully not a desk-bound job, but well I have learnt to not pin much hope on anything. “No sense of disappointment if nothing is expected” Right? To hold that job for at least one year, if not two. Finally getting on with learning to drive. My Dad was just asking today, when was I going to drive him around. And hopefully something more exciting will happen in my life than answering complaint calls that are none of my blooming business.