Thursday, January 15

Two lame things that happened today.

First is a joke that my Marcoeconomics lecturer told to begin his unemployment lecture. Well, I had a three hours lecture today for economics. It was actually four but we finished it fast. It was on GNP, GDP and unemployment. God, it was boring. Boring as in it is damn long. The lecturer was citing too much examples. There were the jokes, but seriously, do we need six examples? Fell asleep ten minutes into the lecture, I didn't sleep for long though. Thank God, the lecturer told five people off at the end of the lecturer with the mike. Imagine what he would do to me if I slept throughout the entire lecture. Ok, back to the joke...

A new zoo was opening, however they are having a shortage of monkeys. So they put up an advertisement in the papers. "Looking for monkeys" So, this guy being unemployed for a long time, took up the job. He dressed in a monkey suit and hang with the monkeys. Made faces, jumped around and let people feed him peanuts and banana. He was really having quite a good time.

So, he started swinging on a tree, keeping up the appearance of a monkey. However, he lost his grip on the branch and fell into the Lion's pit. Forgetting he was in a monkey suit, obviously in a great deal of fright, he started calling for help. "HELP!" The lion lying there stared at them. Panicking now, his shouts accelerated in volume. "Help! HElp! HELp! HELP!" Then, the lion in front of him opened his mouth, in a very human voice, "Shut Up!"

... ...

Second, my younger sister did the most amusing thing just now. She was talking to me before exiting the room. Ten seconds later, she came into the room AND locking it. "There is a cockroach." ... ...Hello? I can understand about the door closing part. I do that myself, being in total fear of the pest. But a LOCKED door?! Like the insect would come up and locked its feelers against the wood. "Hello, I really like scaring you, but you see, I can't do that behind this LOCKED door. Do you mind opening up?" Sheesh...